Mailing list for discussions and development of KORUZA, a system for wireless optical networks (in English).

List archive Help

Re: [koruza] KORUZA update: NIR pixel / licensing

Chronological Thread
  • From: Musti < >
  • To: Charles N Wyble < >,
  • Subject: Re: [koruza] KORUZA update: NIR pixel / licensing
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2015 14:27:59 +0000

Will put it up, let me just work my way to it :) Need to go
step-by-step, for the things to make sense, so it provides more answers
then questions.

Can you get back to me directly regarding SFP modules you have access to?

Kind regards,
Musti

On 16.1.2015 14:12, Charles N Wyble wrote:
> Can you put one in git? Obviously mark it in progress, not final etc.
> I for one would really enjoy much earlier access to everything related
> to Koruza.
> I'm in a somewhat unique position of being a businessman with access to
> my own private full service fabrication facility and staff. 3d printers,
> circuit board printers etc. Not to mention extensive networking talent.
> Also I have very cheap sfp etc access.
> ( I also have extensive technical credentials, currently studying for
> ccie) so don't shoot me because I'm a suit :-)
> On January 15, 2015 8:05:01 AM CST, Musti
> < >
> wrote:
> Hi,
> the BOM is not yet finalized, will be published as soon as possible.
> I will also make sets of parts available as a kit, to get everyone
> started as easily as possible and probably cheaper then if you ordered
> parts individually, also quality controlled to avoid some problems.
> Kind regards,
> Musti
> On 15.1.2015 13:53, Charles N Wyble wrote:
> Do you have a finalized bom? If so, please publish it so we can
> acquire
> the parts ( especially if they have lead time).
> Thanks.
> On January 13, 2015 2:11:31 PM CST, Ryan Watson
> < >
> wrote:
> Congratulations! I look forward to following development on GitHub.
> Regards,
> W
> On Mon, Jan 12, 2015 at 2:56 PM, Musti
> <
> <mailto: >>
> wrote:
> Hi,
> I am happy to update you all on KORUZA progress. The calibration
> tool is
> progressing well so construction and calibration process can soon be
> documented and made reliable, moving from "black magic" to
> few simple steps. Nearing the open-source release, licensing
> information
> has been sorted out and your comments are welcome.
> NIR pixels is a tool developed for observing NIR (SWIR) IR
> optical beams
> 1100nm to 16500nm in which range KORUZA used wavelengths fall.
> Due to
> the lower photon energy, this light can not be well detected by
> regular
> silicon based detectors and so far no affordable methods were
> available.
> Head over to https://github.com/IRNAS/NIRpixel for more
> information in
> the readme. Would anyone be willing to actively step in and with
> my help
> design a complete KORUZA calibration tool. This requires some MCU
> firmware development, circuit design (I can do it) and user
> interface
> construction. The calibration device must be a standalone unit
> that you
> place on a camera stand. It will have a few LED on board, extended
> information should be available via WiFI preferrably using ESP8266
> module we can put there along with a battery.
> KORUZA licensing has been discussed and I have chosen CERN OHL
> license
> for hardware and GPL v3 for firmware/software. Repository is
> prepared
> with this information, comments welcome:
> https://github.com/IRNAS/KORUZA
> Timeline wise, it is all best effort making the system properly
> open-source as soon as time possibly allows. I will keep this
> mailing
> list posted with the updates and let you know when it is the
> right time
> to start building units.
> Kind regards,
> Musti
> Settings and unsubscription:
> http://wlan-si.net/lists/info/koruza
> Public archive:
> http://wlan-si.net/lists/arc/koruza
> --
> Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.
> !DSPAM:54b7c92731759298919767!
> --
> Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.

Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.18.

Top of page