List archive Help

Re: [koruza] KORUZA update: NIR pixel / licensing

  • From: Ryan Watson < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [koruza] KORUZA update: NIR pixel / licensing
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2015 13:11:31 -0700

Congratulations! I look forward to following development on GitHub.

Regards,

On Mon, Jan 12, 2015 at 2:56 PM, Musti < > wrote:
Hi,

I am happy to update you all on KORUZA progress. The calibration tool is
progressing well so construction and calibration process can soon be
documented and made reliable, moving from "black magic" to following a
few simple steps. Nearing the open-source release, licensing information
has been sorted out and your comments are welcome.

NIR pixels is a tool developed for observing NIR (SWIR) IR optical beams
1100nm to 16500nm in which range KORUZA used wavelengths fall. Due to
the lower photon energy, this light can not be well detected by regular
silicon based detectors and so far no affordable methods were available.

Head over to https://github.com/IRNAS/NIRpixel for more information in
the readme. Would anyone be willing to actively step in and with my help
design a complete KORUZA calibration tool. This requires some MCU
firmware development, circuit design (I can do it) and user interface
construction. The calibration device must be a standalone unit that you
place on a camera stand. It will have a few LED on board, extended
information should be available via WiFI preferrably using ESP8266
module we can put there along with a battery.

KORUZA licensing has been discussed and I have chosen CERN OHL license
for hardware and GPL v3 for firmware/software. Repository is prepared
with this information, comments welcome: https://github.com/IRNAS/KORUZA

Timeline wise, it is all best effort making the system properly
open-source as soon as time possibly allows. I will keep this mailing
list posted with the updates and let you know when it is the right time
to start building units.

Kind regards,
Musti

Settings and unsubscription: