List archive Help

Re: [koruza] KORUZA mounting bracket

  • From: Ben West < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [koruza] KORUZA mounting bracket
  • Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2014 10:30:37 -0500

I've had good experiences re-purposing the J-pole mounts common to satellite TV dishes.  They are steel, very sturdy, and usually have a graduated arc at one or two joints for aiming.

Here is a picture of such a J-pole, re-purposed to hang a couple 2.4GHz APs.  You can see points where the pole could be rotated along 2 different axes:
https://plus.google.com/photos/111527167238510651213/albums/5452670245024802561/5833782534554801042?banner=pwa&pid=5833782534554801042&oid=111527167238510651213

The part that would mount directly under the parabolic dish, which I believe is called something like an azimuth / elevation bracket, apparently can be bought separately:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/321134571648?lpid=82

Unfortunately, the mounting base for these J-poles is rather large, meaning as-is they could only be bolted (via U-bolts) to rather large diameter masts.  As this guy has done:
http://www.jpole-antenna.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/3.jpg