List archive Help

Re: [koruza] KORUZA grows: World Wide Experiment & gen 5 alpha release candidate

  • From: Musti < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [koruza] KORUZA grows: World Wide Experiment & gen 5 alpha release candidate
  • Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2014 08:25:38 +0200

Hi Caleb,

> Now lets see those cad files and the BOM, I don't own a 3d printer but
> I still want to study the design.
I am working my was to preparing everything for the release, shouldnt be
too long.

> Regarding the Marvell PHY you wrote about in the other mail thread,
> writing new protocols for Ethernet PHY doesn't look like rocket science,
> just a matter of getting an FPGA and teaching it to talk RGMII to the PHY.
> Whether that's worth it... Probably not for gigabit, IMO any serious FPGA
> development should be in the 10Gb range at this point.
That is true, can be done with FPGAs, however that gets expensive for
anything but research and development.

> All said, a lot of ethernet cards will provide (and even send) invalid
> frames if you ask them nicely. Have you actually verified that the TPLink
> devices you're using drop invalid frames? It looks like doing an ifconfig
> on the eth device should tell you...
> It seems that in the RX section, "errors" is CRC errors and "frame" is
> misaligned frames, non-zero in either case would suggest no.
I havent gone in this details yet, but your suggestion sounds very
simple, I will check it.

Kind regards,
Musti