List archive Help

Re: [koruza] KORUZA grows: World Wide Experiment & gen 5 alpha release candidate

  • From: Caleb James DeLisle < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [koruza] KORUZA grows: World Wide Experiment & gen 5 alpha release candidate
  • Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2014 03:19:27 +0200

Highfive nice work!

Now lets see those cad files and the BOM, I don't own a 3d printer but
I still want to study the design.

Regarding the Marvell PHY you wrote about in the other mail thread,
writing new protocols for Ethernet PHY doesn't look like rocket science,
just a matter of getting an FPGA and teaching it to talk RGMII to the PHY.
Whether that's worth it... Probably not for gigabit, IMO any serious FPGA
development should be in the 10Gb range at this point.

All said, a lot of ethernet cards will provide (and even send) invalid
frames if you ask them nicely. Have you actually verified that the TPLink
devices you're using drop invalid frames? It looks like doing an ifconfig
on the eth device should tell you...
It seems that in the RX section, "errors" is CRC errors and "frame" is
misaligned frames, non-zero in either case would suggest no.

Thanks,
Caleb