List archive Help

Re: [koruza] NLnet grant for KORUZA

  • From: Musti < >
  • To:
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [koruza] NLnet grant for KORUZA
  • Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2014 16:27:03 +0100

Hi,

> Any hope for longer links?
>
> Ronja was using red light, and they achieved links up to a 1KM if I
> remember correctly.

very little hope for now, because the link budget of SFP modules is only up
to 30dB and using them makes the design low cost. A different approach is
required to achieve longer distances, I will start looking into that in
October as a part of my master project. After a detailed long term study, we
will be able to determine how much more then 100m is feasible with this
design approach.

However the philosophy for general KORUZA use-case is, that if you do not
have buildings in 100m range, then the area is sufficiently low-density that
WiFi should work as the spectrum is not that congested.

Kind regards,
Musti