List archive Help

[koruza] NLnet grant for KORUZA

  • From: Musti < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [koruza] NLnet grant for KORUZA
  • Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2014 15:13:13 +0100

Hi all,

I am happy to announce that I have received a small NLnet grant to make my
full time work on the project much easier:
https://wlan-si.net/en/blog/2014/03/23/koruza-grows-nlnet-grant/

The blog features some images of KORUZA generation 3, that is the first
outdoor prototype, now running for about a week at 50m distance. Prior to
that it has been tested over 100m and worked quite well, however there is
still much room for improvement (3-6dB signal strength improvement at 100m).
You can see real time measurements from the experiment here:

https://nodes.wlan-si.net/node/koruza-1a/
https://nodes.wlan-si.net/node/koruza-1b/

Next experimental setups will feature more and more sensors.

The most significant problem with this version is the de-alignment due to the
temperature expansion/contraction of the structure. Currently in the
development is generation 4 which will boast a much more rigid 3D printed
structure as well as low-power wireless communication between the units to
enable automatic re-alignment, along with numerous small improvements.

Kind regards,
Musti